REC Transmission Projects Company Limited (RECTPCL) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Rural Electrification Corporation (REC) Limited. Ministry of Power have appointed RECTPCL as Bid Process Coordinator (BPC) for carrying out bidding process of major Transmission Projects (Inter & Intra State) in the country through Tariff Based Competitive Bidding route by inviting bids through Global tendering. RECTPCL commenced working as BPC in the year 2007 and was awarded its first transmission project in the FY 2010-11.
Till date RECTPCL has successfully completed the Bidding Process of 32 (Thirty-two) EHV Transmission Projects consisting of Transmission Lines up-to 765 kV and GIS & AIS Substations with estimated Project cost of approximately Rs. 47387 Crore (USD 6,910 Million). Bidding Process of 9 (nine) Transmission Projects (Inter & Intra State) with estimated cost of Rs. 11,324 Crore (USD 1,617 Million) is under process.
To facilitate smooth and rapid development of transmission and distribution capacity in the country and for accelerated growth of power sector & enrichment of quality of life of all segments of population.
To act as a competitive, client-friendly and development-oriented organization for promoting projects covering power generation, power conservation, power transmission and power distribution network in the country.
- To plan, promote, develop, design, engineer, construct, operate and maintain "electricity system" as defined under Section 2(25) of the Electricity Act, 2003
- To promote organize or carry on the business of consultancy services and/or project implementation in any field of activity relating to generation & transmission, distribution of electricity or other related activities thereto in India and abroad.
- Procurement of transmission services, including all activities relating to survey, / detailed project report formulation, arranging finance, project management, obtaining right of way, necessary clearances, site identification, land compensation, design, engineering, equipment, material, construction, erection, testing and commissioning.
- To undertake transmission activities, to apply for requisite licences and to do all things incidental to such activities which is, in the opinion of the Board of Directors, necessary for fulfillment of the objects of the Company;
- To promote and undertake the formation of project specific company/ies, or the formation of any institution, subsidiary company or companies for the purpose of carrying out the aforesaid activities and for the furtherance of transmission services
- To enter into Joint Ventures or merge any Company or any of the, companies/subsidiaries formed by the Company in pursuance of its objects as aforesaid;
Shri Ajeet Kumar Agarwal, is CMD and Director (Fin.) of REC Limited, Chairman and Director of REC Transmission Projects Company Limited. He holds a bachelor's degree in commerce from Delhi University and is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI). Mr. Ajeet Kumar Agarwal has 26 years experience in Public Sector Undertakings. He was General Manager in Telecommunications Consultants India Limited.
Shri Ajeet Kumar Agarwal Chairman & Managing Director
Shri Sanjeev Kumar Gupta, 54 years, is Director of REC Transmission Projects Company Limited. He holds a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from G.B. Pant University of Agriculture Technology, Pant Nagar, Uttaranchal. He has over 33 years of experience in power transmission sector, wherein he served for NHPC Limited and Power Grid Corporation of India Limited and was involved in field construction operation and maintenance of EHV transmission projects including projects management of large and mega transmission projects across the country as well as international transmission consultancy projects. He had an extensive experience in Design Engineering, planning implementation and induction of new technologies in power transmission projects.
He has been working for our Company for the last 6 years and is responsible for financing of power transmission distribution projects including renewable in the country. He also served as the CEO of REC Transmission Projects Company Limited as well as the nodal officer for National Electricity Fund (NEF).